Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking Support For Intel's Lunar Lake Coming With Linux 5.15

Phoronix: Networking Support For Intel's Lunar Lake Coming With Linux 5.15

Back in March I wrote about Intel open-source engineers already beginning Linux bring-up for "Lunar Lake" as a future client platform not due out until 2023 at least. That work began with enabling Lunar Lake within the existing e1000e network driver and that hardware enablment work will finally be mainlined this autumn with Linux 5.15...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm quite confused. Is Lunar Lake the codename of Intel's future processors, or a complete platform?

Most so-called tech publications claim that Lunar Lake is a processor. Then why would an ethernet NIC have any bearing on the processor used?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      I'm quite confused. Is Lunar Lake the codename of Intel's future processors, or a complete platform?

Most so-called tech publications claim that Lunar Lake is a processor. Then why would an ethernet NIC have any bearing on the processor used?
      My question exactly. Maybe it has to do with integrated Ethernet/Wi-Fi support in the chipset?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

I'm pretty sure their SoCs have integrated Ethernet, for a while. They already integrate SATA and USB, so why not Ethernet? Reducing the number of chips on the motherboard saves money & space.

Comment

Working...
        X