Intel Appears Ready To Advertise Its DG1 Graphics Card Support On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Appears Ready To Advertise Its DG1 Graphics Card Support On Linux

Phoronix: Intel Appears Ready To Advertise Its DG1 Graphics Card Support On Linux

As I have covered in many Phoronix articles over the past number of months, it's been a lengthy road bringing up the DG1 graphics support on Linux with the Intel open-source engineers having to re-architect their "i915" kernel graphics driver to support device local memory, getting the GuC support into good shape, scheduler changes, beginning to make use of TTM for memory management, user-space API changes, and a ton of other changes in expanding the driver's scope from just catering to integrated graphics. But now it looks like the DG1 Linux support is about to be officially advertised...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And that VM stuff for XE Max? Is it still needed for linux or is it alright now?

Comment

I don't have high hopes this round but I do look forward to seeing what Intel can do. I have had the feeling that we have been taken for granted by the current players. A little more completion seems to be needed. At a minimum it should put some pressure on pricing.

Comment

As a refugee of the great graphics hardware drought of 2021 all I can say is, save is Intel-Wan. You're our only hope!

Comment

It will be ironic if Intel eventually manages to steal the gaming laptop market from AMD, given AMD's RX dGPUs are almost nowhere to be found in laptops.

Comment

I've been looking for a screen output card with problem free drivers for years. I don't care if it has a GPU. Take my money.
            Last edited by andreano; 12 August 2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X