Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's IWD 1.17 Wireless Daemon Brings More Fixes

Phoronix: Intel's IWD 1.17 Wireless Daemon Brings More Fixes

While it was busy on the hardware side of the house with Intel talking up all of their forthcoming hardware, Intel's open-source software engineers remain very busy working not only to enable their next-generation hardware but other open-source efforts they've invested in like the iNet wireless daemon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish Ubuntu would update the dependency list for NetworkManager to accept IWD as an alternative to WPASupplicant. I've been using IWD (with WPASupplicant hackily disabled) since Eoan; it clearly works. Haha.

Comment

Last I checked it wont do 802.1X radius WPA-Enterprise without doing per SSID conf files, which isan instant nonstarter

Comment

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
        Last I checked it wont do 802.1X radius WPA-Enterprise without doing per SSID conf files, which isan instant nonstarter
        And what's wrong with that?

I maintain per-ssid conf files for wpasupplicant as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

And what's wrong with that?

I maintain per-ssid conf files for wpasupplicant as well.
          as in you cant connect to them through network manager before first doing a provisioning file, from an end user perspective that's not good
          Last edited by Grim85; 23 August 2021, 05:49 AM. Reason: edit: its called provisioning file on the iwd wiki

Comment

On Fedora 34 GNOME doesn't want to automatically connect and sometimes gets glitchy if I used IWD, but it's very close to being a replacement.

Comment

I wonder if 1.17 will work better as I couldn't get 1.16 to connect to my Wi-Fi network (was not an issue with, I think 1.14).

Comment

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post

as in you cant connect to them through network manager before first doing a provisioning file, from an end user perspective that's not good
                Jup, that is one of the big issues I also still have. The other issue is that they very much developed this for embedded devices instead of multi-user systems so you only get configuration on the system level instead of the user level which sucks if you wan tto build a stateless system.

Comment

Working...
                X