Wayland Protocols 1.22 Released With DRM Object Leasing Support For VR HMDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland Protocols 1.22 Released With DRM Object Leasing Support For VR HMDs

Phoronix: Wayland Protocols 1.22 Released With DRM Object Leasing Support For VR HMDs

Designed with VR headsets in mind, Wayland-Protocols 1.22 was released today and adds the DRM leasing protocol to its staging area...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Noob question:

To know which wayland protocol Fedora 34 is using, all I need to do is:

Code:
    dnf info <package name>
    or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by pranav View Post
      Noob question:

To know which wayland protocol Fedora 34 is using, all I need to do is:

Code:
      dnf info <package name>
      or something like that?
      AFAIK, no, it's not like that as Wayland itself is only a specification. Every protocol has to be implemented within the compositor you're using, so in case of GNOME, it will be there when devs will implement that feature (according to the specification) in Mutter.

Comment

Great news for me

I hope it implement soon by gnome and other and value

I did get steam value index vr set some days ago. I discovery it does not work in Wayland and not 100% stable in x11.
        I found only vr headset that have active linux support by the developer is index vr headset.

The headset it self is one of the best I try
        here is thus I try

1) Playstaion VR for PlayStation 4 ( best experience of all I got)
        2) Value Steam VR ( Best picture quality of all I try, missing good video player and few games to use under Linux, on windows it is solv with vorpx and software bigscreen)
        2) Oculus riff ( not nice to use use the eyes will hurt after 30-40 mins, u see black line between each picture)
        3) Oculus quest ( heavy have on the head, and u can see black line between each picture)

Comment

There is also XWayland DRM leasing patches pending.
          Whateverer language it is, it's definitely not even close to proper english (*is* *patches*)

Comment

Working...
          X