Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 5.0 Beta 2 Reworks Its GPU Accelerated Canvas

Phoronix: Krita 5.0 Beta 2 Reworks Its GPU Accelerated Canvas

Krita 5.0 Beta 2 is out today as the newest test release for this very powerful, open-source digital painting program...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just wish I could print from Krita directly without going through so many hoops.

Comment

Amazing! I've seen Krita being used a lot, even on Windows by people who haven't heard about Linux or KDE!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Amazing! I've seen Krita being used a lot, even on Windows by people who haven't heard about Linux or KDE!
        yes, even Ina (one of the Hololive EN vtubers) uses Krita on stream

Comment

Originally posted by dekernel View Post
          I just wish I could print from Krita directly without going through so many hoops.
          Just curious, but what do you print? I haven't printed anything or owned a printer in over a decade at least, but I have a friend that has a very nice printer for illustrations that she sells on Etsy. Do you sell images? Make flyers? Print pictures to hang on the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post

Just curious, but what do you print? I haven't printed anything or owned a printer in over a decade at least, but I have a friend that has a very nice printer for illustrations that she sells on Etsy. Do you sell images? Make flyers? Print pictures to hang on the wall?
            The biggest reason is to get an idea of the true visual scale and color balance when you have emblems and decorations for largish production cabinets and chests. We have found that just taping printouts right onto the sides & top can really help with good placement and even color selection. We have also had some older customers that wanted to see the UI mach-ups "in their hands". Those are two of the most frequent examples which would make it easier to just print from Krita directly versus exporting as a PDF and then print from Document Viewer.

Comment

Working...
            X