Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V3DV Raspberry Pi Driver Now Exposes Vulkan 1.1

Phoronix: V3DV Raspberry Pi Driver Now Exposes Vulkan 1.1

Mesa's V3DV driver for supporting newer Broadcom VideoCore graphics hardware with Vulkan now is advertising v1.1 support. This Vulkan 1.1 support in V3DV is notable as the Raspberry Pi 4 and newer are the most notable beneficiaries of this driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool !
    Can DXVK work now on it to play some old / lightweight games ?
    Too bad no DE has a Vulkan backend.

Comment

I wonder how this will affect the emulators scene (mostly for "newish" devices: ps2, ps3, gamecube, wii, n3ds...)

Comment

Can it play 1080p 60Hz on any linux distro? Or even Android or any other os?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          Cool !
          Can DXVK work now on it to play some old / lightweight games ?
          Too bad no DE has a Vulkan backend.
          Gtk4 has a Vulkan backend, although the "NGL" OpenGL renderer is the default. You can change by setting the environment variable GSK_RENDERER=vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by jabl View Post

Gtk4 has a Vulkan backend, although the "NGL" OpenGL renderer is the default. You can change by setting the environment variable GSK_RENDERER=vulkan.
            That's cool, even though I'm more a Qt / KDE fan.
            I hope GTK4 apps can use the Vulkan backend even when running on KDE.

Comment

Is it really ready for vulkan 1.1 spec
              what I can see in https://mesamatrix.net/
              follow ext are missing for vk 1.1
              • VK_KHR_16bit_storage
              • VK_KHR_sampler_ycbcr_conversion
              • VK_KHR_shader_draw_parameters
              They are not implement yet for raspbery pi 4 what i can see.

Comment

Will they finally release the widely expected 64-bit Raspbian operating system, based on Debian 11, with native graphics driver support for RPi4 ?

Comment

GreatLord i think they didn't update the features.txt file yet. But they will probably do that shortly.

Comment

Does anyone know the easiest way to toggle an entire Ubuntu session, compositor and all, to using the Vulkan backend? I've been waiting for 1.1 on v3dv and Gnome 40.

Comment

Working...
                    X