Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Continues To Improve Power Management For Older NVIDIA Tegra SoCs To Avoid Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Continues To Improve Power Management For Older NVIDIA Tegra SoCs To Avoid Overheating

Phoronix: Linux Continues To Improve Power Management For Older NVIDIA Tegra SoCs To Avoid Overheating

While the Tegra 2 and Tegra 3 SoCs are a decade old, the mainline Linux kernel continues working to improve the power management / thermal behavior for them in order to deal with heating issues for devices relying on these SoCs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

jeez. a pandaboard. I haven't seen one of those in a while.

I have one somewhere, but afaik support for it these days is basically zero. It doesn't help that I think it has one of those cursed PowerVR GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post
      jeez. a pandaboard. I haven't seen one of those in a while.

I have one somewhere, but afaik support for it these days is basically zero. It doesn't help that I think it has one of those cursed PowerVR GPUs.
      PowerVR is one reason I didn't buy into some BeagleBoards with built in programmable DSPs for signal experimentation. Who cares if you can do FFT on signals if you can't properly display the result in real time as well?? GPUs are my major frustration with any SoC ARM solution. Few with useful feature sets (to me) have equally useful GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

PowerVR is one reason I didn't buy into some BeagleBoards with built in programmable DSPs for signal experimentation. Who cares if you can do FFT on signals if you can't properly display the result in real time as well?? GPUs are my major frustration with any SoC ARM solution. Few with useful feature sets (to me) have equally useful GPUs.
        That's why I've been hoping AMD would get off their ass and enter the consumer ARM market. Until then I guess, for me, the best option would be something like an Odroid N2+...just seems to be a good SOC in regards to price and performance.

**Bong rip**

I'd be cool if AMD would finally release that x86/ARM hybrid concept from back in the day or combined that with their big.LITTLE x86 patents.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          That's why I've been hoping AMD would get off their ass and enter the consumer ARM market. Until then I guess, for me, the best option would be something like an Odroid N2+...just seems to be a good SOC in regards to price and performance.
          Samsung will also license AMD graphics for their next Exynos chip, if you're lucky there might be some SBC based on that in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X