Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 35 Cleared For Release Next Week

Phoronix: Fedora 35 Cleared For Release Next Week

After dealing with blocker bugs the past two weeks, Fedora 35 is now confirmed for releasing next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Already updated my F34 to the 35 beta. Very, very polished release (again). After using Linux for 20 years I'm finally having a desktop experience which is as good (or better) than Windows / OS X.

Comment

A nit to pick, but the original "Final Target Date" was always 10/26. 10/19 was the "Early Final Target Date".

Comment

Originally posted by spockfish View Post
        Already updated my F34 to the 35 beta. Very, very polished release (again). After using Linux for 20 years I'm finally having a desktop experience which is as good (or better) than Windows / OS X.
        Indeed. I distro hop more than is healthy for my spare time, but had always avoided Fedora after being forced to use RHEL as a desktop. But I've had it on a bunch of systems for several releases and the quality is very high.

Comment

Yeah it has been very stable for a long time now.
          I even created a release for the Odroid XU4.

​​​​​​Hoping that we can use the Nvidia gbm driver from rpmfusion as well.
          it requires some updated packages such as libglvnd which seem to be available for F35 only.
          Let's hope for the best.

Comment

Is there a point in waiting until Tuesday, or will it be the exact same ISO file ?

Comment

Originally posted by indepe View Post
              Is there a point in waiting until Tuesday, or will it be the exact same ISO file ?
              I guess you can take current iso and run update on Tuesday.

Comment

The point of waiting would largely be a consideration of if you want to wait for a local mirror to catch up, read up on the release notes, being able to validate the image with the approved hashsum etc but the image itself should be identical.

Comment

ISO should be the same (although dnf system-upgrade will allow you to pull down the rpms appropriate for your system today) but there are a bunch of updates (currently in updates-testing) that have been held back during the release freeze that will be available on/about Tuesday, some of which one may care about (or not).

Comment

Damn, i hoped it would be released before this month ends. I have a limited interent i happen to have a spare bandwidth that expires at 31, i hoped i could use that spare bandwidth to update my fedora instalation

Comment

Working...
                    X