No announcement yet.

Intel Posts Linux Graphics Driver Patches For Raptor Lake - Same As Alder Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Posts Linux Graphics Driver Patches For Raptor Lake - Same As Alder Lake

Phoronix: Intel Posts Linux Graphics Driver Patches For Raptor Lake - Same As Alder Lake

When writing this morning about intel "Raptor Lake" Linux enablement to begin, I didn't expect that to bear fruit so quickly in just a matter of hours... As predicted, that Linux bring-up for the Alder Lake successor is beginning now -- and doing so at full-speed with the initial Raptor Lake S (RPL-S) graphics support being posted...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very small typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    When writing this morning about intel "Raptor Lake" Linux enablement to begin,

I wish preliminary hardware support enablement flags were consistent...

Comment

So, I guess this at least tells us that the iGPU in Raptor Lake is fully backward-compatible with Alder Lake's Xe graphics, at the ISA level? Or is that going too far?

Given that Xe first appeared in the iGPU of Tiger Lake (launched in 2020), I'd have expected Raptor Lake's GPU to be a full generation beyond. That's not to slight Xe. It has its pluses and minuses, but one of the more notable minuses is still being just SIMD-8, while AMD and Nvidia are SIMD-32.

Comment

Working...
      X