Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Posts New Iteration Of Key Locker Support For Linux

Phoronix: Intel Posts New Iteration Of Key Locker Support For Linux

With Intel Tiger Lake mobile processors introduced last year there has been good open-source support going back to launch, but a few of the more niche features have seen slower than normal handling for getting the features supported by the upstream Linux kernel. The latest patch series being revived now is for Intel Key Locker support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ok, for how much?

Comment

Noice! This screams hardware-imposed DRM all the way!

It kills all the principles of free software for good

Comment

With this new patch series they acknowledge Key Locker usage can result in ~5x slower performance than raw AES-NI usage, but they are aiming Key Locker for dealing with disk encryption. In disk encryption scenarios, the disk throughput performance is more likely to be a bottleneck than Key Locker itself.
        On my tiger lake laptop I get ~5300MiB/s encryption/decryption speed with LUKS, likely using VAES from AVX-512. The manufactures claims over 7000MiB/s sequential for the SSD, so I'm not sure how that statement can hold.

Comment

Working...
        X