Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proton 6.3-8 Released With More Windows Games Playable, Support For Some BattlEye Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 6.3-8 Released With More Windows Games Playable, Support For Some BattlEye Games

Phoronix: Proton 6.3-8 Released With More Windows Games Playable, Support For Some BattlEye Games

It's been almost two months since Proton 6.3-7 released and two weeks since 6.3-8 RC while this evening that Proton 6.3-8 stable release is out for empowering Valve's Steam Play in running Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

More games lighting up green https://areweanticheatyet.com/

Comment

maybe a stupid question.
      How can I use Proton on OpenSuse Tumbleweed to (try to) run some Windows applications?
      I can not get it to work with Wine - so I was wondering if Proton could be a solution.
      I know that my steam client somehow has Proton "inside", but how could I use this Proton environment to (try to) install a Windows software (that is not available on Steam).

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
        maybe a stupid question.
        How can I use Proton on OpenSuse Tumbleweed to (try to) run some Windows applications?
        I can not get it to work with Wine - so I was wondering if Proton could be a solution.
        I know that my steam client somehow has Proton "inside", but how could I use this Proton environment to (try to) install a Windows software (that is not available on Steam).
        Add it to Steam as Non-Steam game.

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
          maybe a stupid question.
          Use Bottles https://github.com/bottlesdevs/Bottles

Comment

Thank you tehehe
            and bple2137
            I will try this out tonight.

Comment

Nice - Age of Empires 4 is listed. But does it mean fully online and Multiplayer is functional? The Microsoft dev team screwed age of empires 3 definite edition up. only singleplayer is running, and they know it. But of course don't support it and do nothing about it.

So i don't trust an Microsoft studio because they could screw it up even if not intended and won't fix it...

it has something to do with encrypted maps. which the linux proton version can't read anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander2 View Post
                Nice - Age of Empires 4 is listed. But does it mean fully online and Multiplayer is functional? The Microsoft dev team screwed age of empires 3 definite edition up. only singleplayer is running, and they know it. But of course don't support it and do nothing about it.

So i don't trust an Microsoft studio because they could screw it up even if not intended and won't fix it...

it has something to do with encrypted maps. which the linux proton version can't read anymore.
                According to https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe4/commen...res_4_working/ and https://www.protondb.com/app/1466860 quite a few people got it working with just replacing one dll in the game folder.

The same dll needed to be replaced to get AoE II DE multiplayer to run properly on Linux.

Comment

Good news roughl that AOE4 runs in Multiplayer but i remain skeptical. I am Waiting for a fix for AOE 3 DE. At the Time the Microsoft game Studio gets that game fixed i would buy aoe4. not before that moment

In the end it is Microsoft and they don't give a damn shit about Linux compatibility unless they earn a shit-ton of money with it → Azure cloud Bussiness.
                  (Maybe i am a bit biased here)

Comment

While i watch theyr progress i am playing diablo 2 ressurected and other games with my Brother. And cyberpunk + Assassins creed Valhalla
                    (all run fine on linux)

Comment

Working...
                    X