Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phoronix Premium Thanksgiving / Black Friday 2021 Special

Phoronix: The Phoronix Premium Thanksgiving / Black Friday 2021 Special

For those in the US, Happy Thanksgiving. As usual tradition for marking the US Thanksgiving and "Black Friday" / "Cyber Monday" start of the Christmas shopping season, I am once again running a Phoronix Premium special to help support site operations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hey Michael if I buy a year of premium will you be able to do an OpenBSD feature and compare the performance improvements over the last few releases to see how much better performance is getting? Doesn't have to be on recent hardware that is buggy with the OS, any CPU and SSD will do. I just want to see how much better the performance has gotten since I think the last version you benchmarked was 6.4 and we are at 7.0 now.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
      Hey Michael if I buy a year of premium will you be able to do an OpenBSD feature and compare the performance improvements over the last few releases to see how much better performance is getting? Doesn't have to be on recent hardware that is buggy with the OS, any CPU and SSD will do. I just want to see how much better the performance has gotten since I think the last version you benchmarked was 6.4 and we are at 7.0 now.
      SHould be able to arrange that with some older hardware, yeah, that's why when dealing with mostly newer hardware the BSDs are often left out...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Done. So happy that for the first year I am not a poor college student anymore. Now I'm a poor recent college graduate. Love the work you do for Linux and the *BSDs Michael. You are the ONLY person I know who does any kind of *BSD articles whatsoever and benchmarks. Keep up the good work and thanks in advance for that article! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Comment

Hi.
          In the past I always had problems registering to this forum. Maybe because of my heavy blocking of scripts and external sources. I always had a guilty conscience reading this site while giving nothing back.
          Finally that is over, thanks for all those extensive benchmarks and news articles Michael.

Comment

Working...
          X