systemd 250 Is Coming For Christmas With A Boat Load Of New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systemd 250 Is Coming For Christmas With A Boat Load Of New Features

Phoronix: systemd 250 Is Coming For Christmas With A Boat Load Of New Features

Systemd 250 is gearing up for release this month and today marked the availability of the first release candidate (and RC2 as a brown paper bag update). Systemd 250 is packing a rather large number of new features and changes across the board for this dominant Linux init system and service manager...

We are the systemd. Lower your firewalls and surrender your inits. We will add your operational and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your distribution will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      We are the systemd. Lower your firewalls and surrender your inits. We will add your operational and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your distribution will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
      Yawn.

Comment

decrypted when the service is startd
        i see whatcha did there. probably not intentional tho (typo)

Comment

I am fine with systemd to start daemons/software and a centralized log, even timers to substitute cron.
          Everything else I did not use and intend to never use it, especially on servers.

Comment

Someone's daring to tackle the sad state of secret storage / TPM on Linux?

Burn them!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              A Bloat Load Of New Features
              ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Comment

I found a typo!!!

Phoronix: systemd 250 Is Coming For Christmas With A Boat Load Of New Features
                You misspelled "BLoat Load" there.

Comment

OMG integritytab? dm-integrity support?
                  I LOVE IT!

finally my custom initramfs hooks can get a rest

Comment

There could still be a phoronix dance battle benchmark old systemd vs newest systemd timeperf and reliability counts

Comment

Working...
                    X