Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 7.0-rc2 Released With 34 Fixes This Week

Phoronix: Wine 7.0-rc2 Released With 34 Fixes This Week

With Wine 7.0 gearing up for release in January, since last week we have been under a feature freeze and weekly release candidates. Wine 7.0-rc2 is out now with more fixes in battening up this next open-source release for enjoying Windows games and applications on Linux / macOS / BSDs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

51296 Multiple applications (Cogmind, Photoshop, ...) render mouse cursor as black square

is finally fixed, hooray! Literally dozens of affected applications and games.

Comment

November of next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing1 View Post
        November of next year?
        January / next month... not sure how November came out of my keyboard.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Wine always had more new bugs and fixed ones.. So it not good and now Linux community is hoping in other miracle Steam Deck, 2022 year of Linux Handheld.. we will see if most of users will not reinstall inbuild Linux to Windows.. Because Valve is pushing, but SteamOS was disaster. Regarding of DistroWatch nobody is using SteamOS, so people will probably also to be pushed by Linux community to reinstall it with other distro and when reinstall why not with familiar Windows, where 100 % of your game library works and probably faster than too proton and on these devices every frame matters.

It would be really hard wall hit when someone's favorite game would not work and he would try to fix it on Linux terminal magic command with half of small screen used by virtual keyboard.. BTW SteamOS base install should be 10GB, but its now solved problem that for individual games to make them working are installed individual versions of Wine, which big disc space waste?

Im not even sure than Steam Deck would work as device itself, because of too big brick to be handheld, to be portable and when you already at home why not play on proper computer.. i love GPD Win2 form factor its almost ideal and has keyboard, gamepad which also work as mouse etc, only needed 7 inch screen. GPD Win 3 keyboard sucks, but still much better than Steam deck. GPD Win Max is too big also.

Comment

Any Roblox fixes?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
              Wine always had more new bugs and fixed ones.. So it not good and now Linux community is hoping in other miracle Steam Deck, 2022 year of Linux Handheld.. we will see if most of users will not reinstall inbuild Linux to Windows.. Because Valve is pushing, but SteamOS was disaster. Regarding of DistroWatch nobody is using SteamOS, so people will probably also to be pushed by Linux community to reinstall it with other distro and when reinstall why not with familiar Windows, where 100 % of your game library works and probably faster than too proton and on these devices every frame matters.

It would be really hard wall hit when someone's favorite game would not work and he would try to fix it on Linux terminal magic command with half of small screen used by virtual keyboard.. BTW SteamOS base install should be 10GB, but its now solved problem that for individual games to make them working are installed individual versions of Wine, which big disc space waste?

Im not even sure than Steam Deck would work as device itself, because of too big brick to be handheld, to be portable and when you already at home why not play on proper computer.. i love GPD Win2 form factor its almost ideal and has keyboard, gamepad which also work as mouse etc, only needed 7 inch screen. GPD Win 3 keyboard sucks, but still much better than Steam deck. GPD Win Max is too big also.
              Noone is using steamos because it a) hasn't had a full release yet, and b) the device it is designed for hasn't been released yet. Steamos is obviously being designed to be used as an immutable filesystem image for embedded devices. Implying that it is a "disaster" because it has no recording on distrowatch would be like saying Android is for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

January / next month... not sure how November came out of my keyboard.
                I laughed, she laughed, the keyboard laughed. I shot the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post

Noone is using steamos because it a) hasn't had a full release yet, and b) the device it is designed for hasn't been released yet. Steamos is obviously being designed to be used as an immutable filesystem image for embedded devices. Implying that it is a "disaster" because it has no recording on distrowatch would be like saying Android is for the same reason.
                  SteamOS was released 5 or more years ago with Steam Machine failed projects, is once for very long time update. It was Debian based, now i see its Arch based, i dunno when they switched. I had it installed for while upgrading was nighmare, Gnome 3 was nightmare same as try to use it as anything else than just for Steam.. if it is for PC, you need proper PC experience..

Comment

Working...
                  X