Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 36 Looking To Change Its Default Fonts

Phoronix: Fedora 36 Looking To Change Its Default Fonts

Fedora is often on the bleeding-edge of changes for tier-one Linux distributions but not all of them are very technical in nature but sometimes just cosmetic alterations. Among the latest batch of change proposals for next spring's Fedora 36 is to change the default font...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fedora needs change fonts and font rendering. Actually is a garbage!

Comment

It's a nonsense keeping some stale and incomplete fonts while we have the whole Noto font family. Ubuntu should consider switching as well.

Comment

just change 'em to ubuntu fonts.

Comment

Finally! I am glad somebody is pushing to ditch the DejaVu fonts already!
          I hope every other distro follows.

Comment

Comic Sans for life!

Comment

Good decision. Noto is one of the best looking fonts. But they also have to change to subpixel AA by default like in other distros, because the fonts look awful with greyscale AA if you don't have an HiDPi monitor.

Comment

I confess I tend to uninstall all noto* and use Liberation fonts with full hinting I have a weird taste regarding fonts...
                Also the noto packages are really massive.

Comment

I use this to improve font rendering on Fedora https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co.../better_fonts/
                  Works great.

Comment

Just bring red hat display and text fonts as default. I use it that way since the first time I used fedora.

Comment

Working...
                    X