Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's Former Vulkan Driver Lead Dev Lands Great Role For Improving Linux Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Former Vulkan Driver Lead Dev Lands Great Role For Improving Linux Graphics

Phoronix: Intel's Former Vulkan Driver Lead Dev Lands Great Role For Improving Linux Graphics

Jason Ekstrand who was the lead developer of Intel's open-source "ANV" Vulkan Linux driver left Intel in December and has now revealed details about his new role...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now I feel really depressed because job where basically I can do whatever I want is my unattainable dream

Comment

Awesome job, congrats to Jason

Collabora is involved in several Linux graphics stuff, Jason's mentoring will sure help a lot

Comment

Really hope Collabora can expand further and companies resort to sponsoring their contract work instead of deploying in-house teams with tunnel vision in a dark and isolated room.

Comment

This is very cool, congrats!

Comment

By the way, I recommend reading the whole blog post, it's very interesting!

Comment

After reading this article, my respect for Collabora (which was never even in question) just climbed a couple notches further.

OpenCL 3.0 for everyone? Sure.
              Go go go!

Comment

Originally posted by Rexerex View Post
                Now I feel really depressed because job where basically I can do whatever I want is my unattainable dream
                Don't lose sight of the road which took him there. Trust and respect are earned.

That's not to say the outcome was inevitable, but you typically gain more autonomy as you become more trusted. Good luck to you, and wherever your path may lead.

Comment

it's good to be collabora

Comment

Originally posted by Rexerex View Post
                    Don't worry, in a few years you'll remember these days as paradise.

Comment

Working...
                    X