No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Looks To Drop Its Partner Archive In Favor Of The Snap Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Looks To Drop Its Partner Archive In Favor Of The Snap Store

Phoronix: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Looks To Drop Its Partner Archive In Favor Of The Snap Store

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS will likely do away with the Ubuntu/Canonical Partner Archive where their software partners could upload select proprietary/binary-only software for easy access by Ubuntu users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Canonical is more and more disgusting with the Snap crap!
    They really don't know how to make Ubuntu more the Windows 10 of Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow

Compared to some dumbass who can't even contribute a single line of code and yet bleats like a goat with broken legs, Canonical has a much more coherent strategy for their Linux desktop implementations.
      Contribute to what, to Canonical's garbage?
      And contribute by signing agreements, CLA, how about they just use an open source license that doesn't need signing agreements?

And I contribute enough, less with code, but more with translations, money and spread of word to the projects that I see of value!

Comment

Snapd needs to die, period. It's anti-linux in every aspect, not to mention invasive.

Comment

Snap has a lot of hate where native .debs are more favoured, and if a package must be made then we already have working AppImage and Flatpak which run better.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            And contribute by signing agreements, CLA, how about they just use an open source license that doesn't need signing agreements?
            If committing to not being a racist piece of garbage in public discussions is such an issue for you, perhaps it's time to find a new hobby. Otherwise, I'm sure some place like parler would welcome your contributions

Comment

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post

If committing to not being a racist piece of garbage in public discussions is such an issue for you, perhaps it's time to find a new hobby. Otherwise, I'm sure some place like parler would welcome your contributions
              You are mixing up the "code of conduct" with the CLA. The latter gives Ubuntu all rights to your changes. The former is about not being an ass in the public.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

You are mixing up the "code of conduct" with the CLA. The latter gives Ubuntu all rights to your changes. The former is about not being an ass in the public.
                Maybe, but giving all rights to my changes to Ubuntu doesn't seem such a good idea.
                I mean, if they have all rights, it exactly as if it were written by themselves and they can close it if they want to.
                If I write code for free, I want it to be available for everybody, not just for a for-profit company that can close it or sell it to Microsoft.
                I don't know, I don't see any incentive to contribute something to Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  Canonical is more and more disgusting with the Snap crap!
                  They really don't know how to make Ubuntu more the Windows 10 of Linux.
                  Trained monkey can never overcome its DK.

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post

Trained monkey can never overcome its DK.
                    Glad that you could not find anything wrong with my statement so you had to make a low blow Ad hominem attack!

Comment

Working...
                    X