KDE Plasma 5.24 Getting Ready For Release, More Wayland Fixes Merged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.24 Getting Ready For Release, More Wayland Fixes Merged

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.24 Getting Ready For Release, More Wayland Fixes Merged

KDE developers have been very busy this month working up to the Plasma 5.24 LTS release in February. Plus with the 15 minute bug initiative underway and working to address remaining issues with the Plasma Wayland session, it's been a busy start of 2022...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It does seem like we’re going to see a lot of 5.24 point releases if they stick to their plan of this being the last LTS before plasma 6. I’d also suspect this may be what lands on steam deck.

Comment

See, this is the differenece between the KDE and Gnome teams, KDE gets stuff done, Gnome fight over identity politics, drama about devs, making sure nobody can theme etc. Kudos to KDE team. Using 5.23 on Opensuse Tumbleweed now.

Comment

Good news that 5.24 is LTS, look forward to seeing it in openSUSE Leap 15.4

Comment

Hopefully they fix, together with Firefox developers, the dark mode auto-switching so the auto theme in Firefox can automatically follow the system theme.
          KDE developers did a great job, I'm really happy to be a KDE Plasma (Wayland) user!

Comment

As someone who plays around with images, that Dolphin resolution one sounds very handy.

Michael -- speaking of playing with images, there isn't a comment section for the Zstd Compressed Firmware article.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
              Hopefully they fix, together with Firefox developers, the dark mode auto-switching so the auto theme in Firefox can automatically follow the system theme.
              KDE developers did a great job, I'm really happy to be a KDE Plasma (Wayland) user!
              AFAICT, the most annoying KDE Firefox bug left is that one where there's a pixel of screen space visible below a video window between the window and taskbar when using the Breeze theme's window decorations. Switching to the Oxygen window decorations fixes it. Luckily for me I prefer the Oxygen window decorations over Breeze so the hack fix is perfectly acceptable to me.

That same bug effects Firefox on Windows 10...only I can't change window decorations there

Comment

qt6 when? qbittorrent already switched to qt6 and looks ugly in kde

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  As someone who plays around with images, that Dolphin resolution one sounds very handy.
                  Are you talking about displaying the image size next to filename?
                  If so, do you think displaying it also in details view (not just in icons view) would be overkill?

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
                    qt6 when? qbittorrent already switched to qt6 and looks ugly in kde
                    Until there is a Qt6 Breeze theme you one can use qbittorent-qt5 from AUR.

Comment

Working...
                    X