Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igalia Developing Wolvic Browser To Succeed Firefox Reality

Phoronix: Igalia Developing Wolvic Browser To Succeed Firefox Reality

A few years ago Mozilla started Firefox Reality as a browser focused on AR/VR mixed reality. Like Mozilla's other failed projects, Firefox Reality is being tossed into the scrap bin next to the likes of Firefox OS and Firefox Send. But thanks to the nature of open-source, the work is being continued on independently by Igalia with the new Wolvic project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if Igalia will respect their users' privacy more than Google or Mozilla, the bar isn't very high.

Comment

Has Mozilla stuck with *any* project they didn't inherit from Netscape?

Comment

Where were they when Mozilla looked for contributors?

Originally posted by dec05eba
        Firefox WebXR didn't support linux the last time I tried it and I assume this wont either? the vr glasses it supports dont support linux either
        This is for Android and Android is a distribution of Linux.

Comment

I think they might get some troubles with that name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvic_(mineral_water)

Comment

Ummm... the logo looks a bit like the Brave one...

Comment

Good luck with that, VR+Browser=reallydumbidea.

Comment

Originally posted by dec05eba
                Firefox WebXR didn't support linux the last time I tried it and I assume this wont either? the vr glasses it supports dont support linux either
                AOSP is a better platform to develop for this, as it is more applicable, but it shouldn't be too hard to port it to linux when the time comes. I look forward to see where this goes

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
                  Good luck with that, VR+Browser=reallydumbidea.
                  I assume the idea is to enable XR-based web apps. Not sure what's so dumb about that.

Comment

Working...
                  X