Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 6.3 Beta Published With Wayland Improvements, New Features

Phoronix: Qt 6.3 Beta Published With Wayland Improvements, New Features

Ahead of the planned release of Qt 6.3.0 next month, The Qt Company today has made available the first Qt 6.3 beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is QML compiler going to be opensource? I thought it was going to be available only for commercial users.

Comment

Originally posted by er888kh View Post
      Is QML compiler going to be opensource? I thought it was going to be available only for commercial users.
      It's been confirmed before it will be opened up. Not sure when, though.

Comment

why people refused to upgrade to qt6 and keep using qt5 instead when they start new project

i understand if project like KDE is too big to ported but new application is not that hard

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          why people refused to upgrade to qt6 and keep using qt5 instead when they start new project

i understand if project like KDE is too big to ported but new application is not that hard

Who refuses to upgrade? Do you have a project in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post

Afaik Qt6 isn't present even in Ubuntu 21.10.
            I have a 2 Qt5 projects on github and moving to Qt6 is very low priority, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

I have a 2 Qt5 projects on github and moving to Qt6 is very low priority, if at all.
              ...and I'm still back on Kubuntu 20.04 LTS pending the release of 22.04 LTS.

My PyQt5 projects have no hope of being on Qt 6 at this point, since it'd be discourteous to make Flatpak the only distribution channel that has build instructions or testing.
              Last edited by ssokolow; 04 February 2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

...and I'm still back on Kubuntu 20.04 LTS pending the release of 22.04 LTS.

My PyQt5 projects have no hope of being on Qt 6 at this point, since it'd be discourteous to make Flatpak the only distribution channel that has build instructions or testing.
                Yup, Debian-based distros sure aren't doing Qt any service...

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

I doesn't look it will even available on Ubuntu 22.04.
                  There are Qt6 packages for Debian but they still in experimental repo qt6-base - Debian Package Tracker

Comment

I'm literally in physical pain until they fix this

Comment

Working...
                    X