Intel Software Defined Silicon Driver Queued Up Ahead Of Linux 5.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Software Defined Silicon Driver Queued Up Ahead Of Linux 5.18

Phoronix: Intel Software Defined Silicon Driver Queued Up Ahead Of Linux 5.18

Intel's Software Defined Silicon (SDSi) driver is ready to be merged for the Linux 5.18 kernel now that it's been queued into the x86 platform driver's "for-next" branch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This Intel software defined silicon awful garbage can't fail and stop soon, fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
      This Intel software defined silicon awful garbage can't fail and stop soon, fast enough.
      Do Not Buy. Looks like people nowadays are looking for things to get mad about.

/Thread

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Do Not Buy. Looks like people nowadays are looking for things to get mad about.

/Thread
        Said the one who's always looking for such things.

Comment

Volta you act like an asshole, I'll give you that, always the same.

I'm not looking for things to get mad about, I comment on things which are truly outrageously bad yet they are peddled in the open source community as a second coming of Christ, e.g. Wayland. You can avoid these Intel products, AMD has been a great option for the past three years however, however I cannot avoid Wayland because RedHat decided to destroy Xorg/X11 and sooner or later I'll have to deal with this wonderful feat of misengineering.

Comment

Volta you act like an asshole, I'll give you that, always the same.

I'm not looking for things to get mad about, I comment on things which are truly outrageously bad yet they are peddled in the open source community as a second coming of Christ, e.g. Wayland. You can avoid these Intel products, AMD has been a great option for the past three years however, however I cannot avoid Wayland because RedHat decided to destroy Xorg/X11 and sooner or later I'll have to deal with this wonderful feat of misengineering.
            You can't force anyone to follow your vision, can you? If they decided there's no future for X, then you have to accept it or do something about. I can avoid Intel for now, but AMD may be next. If it happens I'll live with it. Pulse Audio was real disaster, but I wasn't whining about it in every thread. Thankfully it's being replaced by pipewire.
            Last edited by Volta; 20 February 2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

/Thread
              imagine writing /thread in your own post, embarrassing.

Comment

Where is that magic Linus' middle finger when you need it so much?

Comment

I trust you Greg. You can stop this madness.

Comment

So, not only an instruction mess from hell, per licensee instructions and features? Wow. That's just brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                    X