No announcement yet.

Chrome 100 In Beta With APIs For Digital Goods, Multi-Screen Window Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 100 In Beta With APIs For Digital Goods, Multi-Screen Window Placement

Phoronix: Chrome 100 In Beta With APIs For Digital Goods, Multi-Screen Window Placement

Following this week's release of Chrome 99, Google has now promoted Chrome 100 to beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what a lackluster release for such a milestone version number. these big version number releases were a terrible idea.

Comment

People aren't over version numbers on evergreen software yet?

Just imagine there's a 1. Before the 100.

Comment

Yes! The inability to place wuindows was a huge drag on what I wanted to do with web apps.

(Seriously, though, as someone with three monitors, this is something that'll be a concern if I ever find myself in a situation where Electron suits my purposes better than PyQt.)

Comment

I'm mostly concerned about shock sites using that new windowing API. That was a huge issue a decade or so ago where shock sites in Firefox would make the browser window move all over the place and make it impossible to close them while they played loud audio files hoping to embarrass the user in public. I get those kinds of sites are much more rare these days and are being exceedingly weeded out, but they're still a threat even today.

Comment

Originally posted by middy View Post
            what a lackluster release for such a milestone version number. these big version number releases were a terrible idea.
            They think they're competing against Firefox on reaching version 100 first.

Comment

Multi-Screen Wuindow Placement API
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post
                Looks like Michael is learning Brazilian Portuguese.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
                  I'm mostly concerned about shock sites using that new windowing API. That was a huge issue a decade or so ago where shock sites in Firefox would make the browser window move all over the place and make it impossible to close them while they played loud audio files hoping to embarrass the user in public. I get those kinds of sites are much more rare these days and are being exceedingly weeded out, but they're still a threat even today.
                  The one that gets me nowadays is different websites having different audio volume levels. You go from watching a quiet TV show on Hulu or Netflix to "Hi guys, welc...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" because now you have tinnitus.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

They think they're competing against Firefox on reaching version 100 first.
                    It's a version measuring contest.

My version is bigger than yours.

I have a raging version right now.

My version quit working when I turned 55; luckily they make a patch for that.

My version has a first name, it's G O O G L E.

Is there supposed to be a burning sensation my version outputs a stream of waste information?

Comment

Working...
                    X