Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 510.60.02 Linux Driver Released With RTX A4000H / RTX A5500 Support, Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 510.60.02 Linux Driver Released With RTX A4000H / RTX A5500 Support, Fixes

Phoronix: NVIDIA 510.60.02 Linux Driver Released With RTX A4000H / RTX A5500 Support, Fixes

In addition to a slew of exciting NVIDIA announcements from GTC 2022, released today was a new 510 series Linux driver build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hnnnnng... I just want the Vulkan extension that is required for gamescope to work to be added (like the AMD driver has), and the bug they intruduced several versions ago that just broke DOOM Eternal to be fixed. This was fixed in the windows driver the very next update, and the linux driver has had this bug for several months.....

Code:
    --my-next-gpu-wont-be-nvidia

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggurat View Post
      Hnnnnng... I just want the Vulkan extension that is required for gamescope to work to be added (like the AMD driver has), and the bug they intruduced several versions ago that just broke DOOM Eternal to be fixed. This was fixed in the windows driver the very next update, and the linux driver has had this bug for several months.....

Code:
      --my-next-gpu-wont-be-nvidia
      I wondered what the problem might be so I fired up DOOM Eternal on my nVidia 1650 with the latest driver and had no issues whatsoever.

Therefore I checked ProtonDB and found this:

As it looks like the Nvidia Drivers Version 510 disabled VRAM overflow into system memory or overflow handling of VRAM. This means older GPUs having less than 4GB VRAM (which is below DOOM Eternal's Minimum requirements) will not be able to handle the game although they did before.
      So it looks like the problem is that your GPU's VRAM is underspeced for this game, which makes me wonder how good it ran with an older driver version beforehand?

Comment

This Nvidia 510.60.02 driver is beta at best. All kinds of problems compared to the last on. I'll be dropping back to the last driver. Way to many glitches in normal everyday use to continues using.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

I wondered what the problem might be so I fired up DOOM Eternal on my nVidia 1650 with the latest driver and had no issues whatsoever.

Therefore I checked ProtonDB and found this:

So it looks like the problem is that your GPU's VRAM is underspeced for this game, which makes me wonder how good it ran with an older driver version beforehand?
          Yes it ran perfectly adequate, running out of memory blocking you from running an app is so 1980's, and the game can fit fine in less than 4gig vram fine on lower settings. I ran the game at 1440p with a gsync monitor without having it go below the lowest hz my monitor supported. I dont remember the exact settings, but I think it was around medium, 1440p with between 50 and 70 fps. The game has a vram indicator for settings, I just ran the game at the default settings that happened in my system, and turned down a few settings to fit under 4gigs of vram. I believe ultra nightmare settings require around 7 gigs, so 4 gigs for medium with textures to low or something sounds feasable in my mind.

Comment

Still stuck at 60hz instead of 120, I wonder how many driver versions it will take them to fix it, installing 495 drivers is not easy on all distros. And even in windows t he 500 series drivers has the same bug for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco View Post
              Still stuck at 60hz instead of 120, I wonder how many driver versions it will take them to fix it, installing 495 drivers is not easy on all distros. And even in windows t he 500 series drivers has the same bug for me.
              AMD for me next time

Comment

I can't find any info regarding the aforementioned RTX A4000H model....

Comment

Working...
                X