KDE Plasma 5.25 Seeing Touch Gesture Additions, More Fixes & Other Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.25 Seeing Touch Gesture Additions, More Fixes & Other Work

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.25 Seeing Touch Gesture Additions, More Fixes & Other Work

KDE developer Nate Graham is out with his usual weekly summary of all the notable KDE changes to land in the past week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally this got fixed "Correcting cursor/click positioning when running Plasma Wayland session within a virtual machine" :-) Now my next wish would be to avoid that Plasma can freeze/hang so easily when switching to networks without a reliable internet connection, this is quite annoying :-(

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
      Finally this got fixed "Correcting cursor/click positioning when running Plasma Wayland session within a virtual machine" :-) Now my next wish would be to avoid that Plasma can freeze/hang so easily when switching to networks without a reliable internet connection, this is quite annoying :-(
      I also see that bug without a virtual machine from time to time - hope that's fixed too.

Comment

Anyone running KDE Wayland with latest Nvidia drivers have an issue where windows or elements in windows will flicker at the monitors refresh rate and the only way to fix it is to resize the window?

Comment

> Plasma 5.25 will fix an issue where the more images you've added to your wallpaper settings, the the slower it is logging into Plasma.

Oh great. Let me guess it loaded and decompressed all images to memory on startup, wasting gigabytes of memory.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
            > Plasma 5.25 will fix an issue where the more images you've added to your wallpaper settings, the the slower it is logging into Plasma.

Oh great. Let me guess it loaded and decompressed all images to memory on startup, wasting gigabytes of memory.
            It created the wallpaper slideshow even if you were using something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I also see that bug without a virtual machine from time to time - hope that's fixed too.
              Yes, I have this on normal systems. I was a little unspecific. This bug is on my list of the really annoying things of Plasma. I notice this extremly when upgrading/installing offline OpenWrt routers.

Comment

It seems in the latest Dolphin alpha (22.03.80) the arrows in "Details view mode" are no longer mouse clickable, fixable by right clicking the column header and disabling "Leading Column Padding" (why can't text casing be consistent? Who writes like "Help Your Uncle Jack Off The Horse"?)

Anyway, plasmashell just stacked all my widgets again while my 4K display was off so I'm a happy kitten.
                Last edited by ResponseWriter; 29 March 2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X