Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.18 Xen USB Driver To Harden Against Malicious Hosts

Phoronix: Linux 5.18 Xen USB Driver To Harden Against Malicious Hosts

The many USB and Thunderbolt feature patches have landed into the in-development Linux 5.18 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If you have a malicious host, you have much bigger problems.

Comment

I was going to comment along the lines of Developer12's post - if you're running on a malicious host, you're already de facto game over.

I mean, it's nice that Xen are fixing a vulnerability, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
        I was going to comment along the lines of Developer12's post - if you're running on a malicious host, you're already de facto game over.

I mean, it's nice that Xen are fixing a vulnerability, but...
        The problem is that there's always a desire not to live in the real world, and instead in a fantasy world where anything is possible.

So the theory goes, if you could just trust the CPU silicon, you could encrypt everything and have it decrypted when it actually reaches the system, then communicate with it over an encrypted channel.

But of course this ignores side channel attacks. And things like random-number replay attacks. And every other way the host can make the system you're running on not an idealized system.

Comment

Working...
        X