No announcement yet.

Chrome 100 Released With APIs For Multi-Screen Window Placement, Digital Goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 100 Released With APIs For Multi-Screen Window Placement, Digital Goods

Phoronix: Chrome 100 Released With APIs For Multi-Screen Window Placement, Digital Goods

Chrome 100 is out today with Google's multi-platform web browser now up to a three digit version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish Chrome was a first class citizen on FreeBSD and OpenBSD, but Google refuses to make binaries for them and it pisses me off.

Comment

Aaand the winner of the version number race is... Google Chrome!

"Digital Goods API"? Doesn't sound good that Google is trying to "standardize" and centralize transactions...

Comment

And on the spyware side what else is new, what things they have added this time?

But on the other side Firefox just broke in the latest version the working video hardware acceleration and hopefully they will fix it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
          I wish Chrome was a first class citizen on FreeBSD and OpenBSD, but Google refuses to make binaries for them and it pisses me off.
          Even if google made Chrome available on OpenBSD I seriously doubt the (OpenBSD) project would allow it in their package repos.

Comment

Don't users go to the BSDs in part to escape this kind of spyware? Its a little confusing.

If Google does not make those binaries, that sounds like a feature to me and not a bug.

Comment

AFAIR, even on Linux, Chrome only lists Debian/Ubuntu & Fedora/Opensuse as officially supported.

Do you really think that any of the *BSDs has a higher marketshare than, let's say ... Slackware?

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

Don't users go to the BSDs in part to escape this kind of spyware? Its a little confusing.

If Google does not make those binaries, that sounds like a feature to me and not a bug.
                Well it wouldn't be a problem if you could watch streaming services from Chromium or bookmarks and web history and saved form data synced with Chromium- they purposefully leave those features out of Chromium and only leave them in full on Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

AFAIR, even on Linux, Chrome only lists Debian/Ubuntu & Fedora/Opensuse as officially supported.

Do you really think that any of the *BSDs has a higher marketshare than, let's say ... Slackware?
                  That is an interesting question! I honestly don't know and don't know if anyone knows for sure! I would bet there are more FreeBSD users than Slackware but how many FreeBSD desktop / laptop users are there out of the total install base? I don't know! Same for OpenBSD, a lot of people use it but how many are workstation users versus those just using OpenBSD as a router or firewall? Like I said in another comment I would be happy with just open source Chromium if it had the sync feature they stripped out and the ability to watch streaming services on Chromium without Chrome.

Comment

Well it wouldn't be a problem if you could watch streaming services from Chromium or bookmarks and web history and saved form data synced with Chromium- they purposefully leave those features out of Chromium and only leave them in full on Chrome.
                    Dude... torrent

Comment

Working...
                    X