Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LLNL's Kripke Ported To AMD HIP With More HPC Software Seeing Radeon/Instinct Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLNL's Kripke Ported To AMD HIP With More HPC Software Seeing Radeon/Instinct Support

Phoronix: LLNL's Kripke Ported To AMD HIP With More HPC Software Seeing Radeon/Instinct Support

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory now has their Kripke software ported to running on AMD's HIP for GPU acceleration...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They are fans of TBBT aren't they?

Comment

Should Kripke be of interest to you...
      Ah yes, all phoronix members designing your own nuclear weapons raise your hands please!

Comment

Can we have more acronyms please?

Comment

Originally posted by George99 View Post
          They are fans of TBBT aren't they?
          He was the best physicist anyway.

Comment

It doesn't compile for me when I enable HIP. Example errors:

Code:
            c++: error: unrecognized command-line option ‘--rocm-path=/opt/rocm’
            c++: error: unrecognized command-line option ‘--offload-arch=gfx900’
            I tried to manually update the files but they are too many. I'm obviously missing some flag for CMake but no idea what it is.

edit: as usual, after I made this comment, I found that copying the M100 host config files and making small changes it works fine for my PC.
            Last edited by LumielGR; 30 April 2022, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X