Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 7.8 Improves Alt+Tab Handling For Unity Games

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 7.8 Improves Alt+Tab Handling For Unity Games

It's been a while since there was last a Wine-Staging update with notable new patches added for this experimental version of Wine. But with today's Wine-Staging 7.8 release based off yesterday's Wine 7.8 there is a new patch worth mentioning as well as updates to some of the existing patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

they sure move fast. only 3 years to implement that one line patch.

Comment

Unity? This is very exciting.

Comment

Used following workaround for Unity games, didn't notice any downsides.
        Code:
        wine reg ADD 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\X11 Driver' /v UseTakeFocus /d 'N' /f
        I am happy proper fix at least managed to get into staging.

Comment

in my case solve alt+tab input issues with some unity games:

Comment

With PE conversions coming along for the X11 driver in 7.8, I hope they soon feel ready to pull in the Wayland driver
            Wine-wayland 7.7 Released, which develops a set of patches and the winewayland.drv driver, allowing you to use Wine in environments based on the Wayland

Comment

Originally posted by staalmannen View Post
              With PE conversions coming along for the X11 driver in 7.8, I hope they soon feel ready to pull in the Wayland driver
              https://linuxstoney.com/wine-wayland-7-7-released/
              This is release of previous Wine Wayland driver that doesn't support GDI or OpenGL and is mostly focused on full screen games. This driver is unlikely to be merged. There is another Wayland driver from Collabora dev that is more feature comparable with X11 driver and this is likely to be merged but sadly after end of 2021 there wasn't any updates about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

This is release of previous Wine Wayland driver that doesn't support GDI or OpenGL and is mostly focused on full screen games. This driver is unlikely to be merged. There is another Wayland driver from Collabora dev that is more feature comparable with X11 driver and this is likely to be merged but sadly after end of 2021 there wasn't any updates about it.
                Oh I thought this was the Collabora driver and I remember the e-mail thread basically saying "now is not a good time because we are changing the drivers for PE"

Comment

Originally posted by staalmannen View Post

Oh I thought this was the Collabora driver and I remember the e-mail thread basically saying "now is not a good time because we are changing the drivers for PE"
                  I believe that there was an idea to merge new driver into Wine Staging first. As far i know it's still doesn't provide all features that X11 driver provides and probably won't provide without additional interfaces for Wayland protocol. Still many features are working so I hope it will be merged even into Wine Staging soon.

Comment

Is this the problem where if the screen loses focus, returning the window will bring functioning graphics but no UI or keyboard control. It is very annoying to close an application that allows progression but no potential to save.

Comment

Working...
                    X