NetworkManager 1.38 Released For Improving Linux Network Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager 1.38 Released For Improving Linux Network Management

Phoronix: NetworkManager 1.38 Released For Improving Linux Network Management

NetworkManager 1.38 is now available for this widely-used software on the Linux desktop (and elsewhere) for managing wired and wireless network interfaces...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Need to improve WireGuard support. At least in KDE plasma that is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      - NetworkManager will stop advertising frequencies as supported that are outside the disallowed range of the configured regulatory domain.
      So NetworkManager will stop advertising frequencies as supported that are within those supported by the configured regulatory domain, leaving it only to advertise frequencies outside those supported? That's bad, lol. Because the WiFi driver will refuse to set up those frequencies and therefore it will be unable to create a functioning wireless AP.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Castillo View Post
        Need to improve WireGuard support. At least in KDE plasma that is what I use.
        I haven't tried to use WireGuard yet (in GNOME), what are the issues?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

I use network-manager 1.2 with network-manager-gnome 1.3 with Wireguard in Xfce (Debian Stable). It actually works well once configured but that initial configuration has to be done via the nmcli command line tool, not the GUI. Another limitation I encountered is that I haven't been able to set up a working WG profile that uses the VPN connection for DNS only, something which I have been able to do with the Android and Windows clients.

Comment

It landed in Fedora 36 this morning.

Comment

Dang, was that always their logo? I just thought "goatse" on first glance and can't unsee it now :I

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

When I click on the connection profile, it disappears and the private key appears when I click on another network interface. I also see a possible DNS leak since I can use the IP of the network I'm connected to (another one the server isn't on).

Comment

Working...
                X