Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Makes Another Exciting Software Acquisition

Phoronix: Intel Makes Another Exciting Software Acquisition

Back in February Intel announced it was acquiring Linutronix as the folks maintaining real-time Linux (PREEMPT_RT) and other prominent Linux contributions. Today Intel announced another exciting software acquisition for bolstering their open ecosystem...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations to Codeplay! I tried and failed to get a job with them a few years back. It was a bit of a long shot as I didn't quite have the relevant experience. Still, I thought they seemed like a really nice bunch and they do some great work. I ended up working for Metaswitch instead, who later got acquired by Microsoft. Funny how things turn out.

Comment

I wonder how such company could even survive over years, they just worked on some open source. API design.. Who paid for it?

Comment

In their earlier days, they did proprietary toolchains, such as one for the PlayStation 2.

Comment

Working...
        X