Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Libinput 1.21 Released With Improvements To Flat Acceleration Profile For Touchpads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.21 Released With Improvements To Flat Acceleration Profile For Touchpads

Phoronix: Libinput 1.21 Released With Improvements To Flat Acceleration Profile For Touchpads

José Expósito continues with recently stepping up to manage libinput releases, the input handling library that for the modern Linux desktop is now widely used across both X.Org and Wayland environments. Libinput 1.21 debuted this weekend with various improvements over the prior release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder why does libinput not provide pointer speed as a setting... (acceleration isn't the same as speed!)

Comment

I hand-patched the acceleration curves and denoiser a long time ago and found the aches and pains in my hand instantly went away, due to no longer having to make exaggeratedly large mouse movements to get the input to register at all. None of which I would have had to do if libinput offered the slightest customisation ability.

Comment

Working...
      X