Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHEL9-Derived Oracle Linux 9 Developer Preview Released With 5.15-Based UEK Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHEL9-Derived Oracle Linux 9 Developer Preview Released With 5.15-Based UEK Kernel

Phoronix: RHEL9-Derived Oracle Linux 9 Developer Preview Released With 5.15-Based UEK Kernel

Oracle on Monday released the Oracle Linux 9 Developer Preview as their take on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 that reached general availability last month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish they would build in ZFS for their UEK kernel. It would be a nice differentiator vs RHEL and the other clones.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
      I wish they would build in ZFS for their UEK kernel. It would be a nice differentiator vs RHEL and the other clones.
      Actually they build BTRFS in their UEK Kernel. That's exactly why I use Oracle Linux, and not Redhat or the other clones.

Comment

They do include BTRFS on UEK though.

It's kind of funny how both filesystems were created by Oracle.

Comment

It would appear Oracle's lawyers don't think that would be a legal distribution (that lawyers based in alternative countries come to different conclusions is not at all surprising, but ultimately, Oracle lawyers advise Oracle's distributions choices).

Comment

Working...
          X