Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Libreboot 20220710 Released As Coreboot Downstream Focused On Boot Firmware Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libreboot 20220710 Released As Coreboot Downstream Focused On Boot Firmware Freedom

Phoronix: Libreboot 20220710 Released As Coreboot Downstream Focused On Boot Firmware Freedom

Leah Rowe has announced the release of Libreboot 20220710, the downstream of Coreboot that takes a firm approach to ensure boot firmware freedom with avoiding proprietary blobs even when it means reduced hardware coverage/support. As such with avoiding the likes of the Intel FSP, the supported list of motherboards is quite limited...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

> issues with old GM45/ICH9M laptops

I guess that Libreboot is not a smooth sail even on that laptops?

Comment

This kind of work is probably thankless. Yet again, it's delightful that there's people's so passionate to keep this going against all odds.
      And perhaps, thanks to those people, one day things will start to look up on the hardware side as well. Here's me being hopeful and most of all, grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ermine View Post
        > issues with old GM45/ICH9M laptops

I guess that Libreboot is not a smooth sail even on that laptops?
        Ahhh the lovely irony of it all. xD
        Someone who's confused with their own existence can't maintain a proper coreboot fork for a tiny list of systems, go figure!

Edit: also hats off to the coreboot devs, they're the truly awesome folk.

Comment

Working...
        X