More ASUS Motherboards Will Have Working Sensor Support With Linux 5.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More ASUS Motherboards Will Have Working Sensor Support With Linux 5.20

Phoronix: More ASUS Motherboards Will Have Working Sensor Support With Linux 5.20

The ASUS-EC-Sensors driver that provides better and faster hardware sensor reading for ASUS motherboards on Linux and premiered earlier this year in Linux 5.18 is continuing to broaden its list of supported ASUS motherboards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any of the Taiwanese vendors (Asus, Asrock, Biostar, Gigabyte, MSI) lift a finger to do this sort of work, or it is all community driven?

Comment

What about the ATKACPI asus driver?
      Last edited by MorrisS.; 18 July 2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

yay my board is finally getting the treatment

Comment

phoronix

Michael, can you please include which sensor chips have been added? Listing the mainboards is not so helpful, as there will be dozens of boards from Asus and other vendors that cannot be listed or updated every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Vulkan View Post
            phoronixMichael, can you please include which sensor chips have been added? Listing the mainboards is not so helpful, as there will be dozens of boards from Asus and other vendors that cannot be listed or updated every time.
            This is for the embedded controller on ASUS boards, not common chips, so listing out the boards themselves is the only way to describe the work that has been done and it has nothing to do with other vendors.

Comment

My B550-XE isn't listed, but I added it in the source and compiled it myself. For my board it reports Chipset, VRM and CPU temps and CPU power.

Comment

Working...
              X