Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenRISC Enables PCI Support With Linux 6.0

Phoronix: OpenRISC Enables PCI Support With Linux 6.0

While OpenRISC has been around a decade longer than RISC-V and its original support in the Linux kernel dates back to the v3.1 days, on the hardware side OpenRISC hasn't enjoyed nearly as much success as RISC-V and its kernel support not advancing nearly as rapidly. Now with Linux 6.0, OpenRISC is finally exposing PCI bus support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess it was kinda risky so it took a while

Comment

I wish the OpenRISC guys would just abandon it and move on to RISC-V instead.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I wish the OpenRISC guys would just abandon it and move on to RISC-V instead.
        I don't care what anybody chooses, as long as the goal is free (as in code) high-end cores.
        ISAs are just meh. If the x86 camp can continue to churn out never ending speed increases from an ISA that wasn't even supposed to make it further than a demo,
        then RISC-V vs OpenRISC is just irrelevant.

Whomever gets me high end cores wins.
        That being said, I did my thesis partly on the OpenRISC 1200, based on OR32 back in 2002.
        OR1200 was dead then, and not much more alive now, 20 years later.

Comment

Working...
        X