Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Announces Arc Pro A-Series Professional GPUs

Phoronix: Intel Announces Arc Pro A-Series Professional GPUs

Intel used SIGGRAPH to announce their forthcoming Arc Pro A-series professional GPUs. The initial products include the Arc A30M mobile GPU, the Arc Pro A40 single-slot GPU, and the Arc Pro A50 dual-slot GPU...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

75W dual slot card? Why dual slot for that power?

Also what is the point of "Pro" GPU here for such low power target and low performance, unless target is maybe transcode performance?
    Last edited by piotrj3; 08 August 2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

It really doesn't look all that great for Intel's graphics processing unit-unit, which is a real shame, because a third competitor is direly needed.

I wonder how much of the blame falls on Raja's shoulders, and whether he's actually a double-agent still funded by AMD...

Comment

Huh, so much for the rumors of Intel cancelling the Arc line!

Eager to see compute performance - maybe they released it first as it functions as intended as opposed to gaming performance?

Comment

50w TDP sounds realy tempting, can you use this to offload video processing from your main card ? Does not need any extra PCIe power ? Can a PCIe 3.0x4 slot feed this card? would be very usefull for desktop users, if you can have some compute video accel etc. with that low power comsumption but i´m probably dreaming again, but it would be cool if you could offload stuff to it.

or is this a full GPU that does not work with another makers gpu ~~
          Last edited by erniv2; 08 August 2022, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by erniv2 View Post
            50w TDP sounds realy tempting, can you use this to offload video processing from your main card ? Does not need any extra PCIe power ? Can a PCIe 3.0x4 slot feed this card would be very usefull for desktop users, if you can have some compute video accel etc. with that low power comsumption but i´m probably dreaming again, but it would be cool if you could offload stuff to it.
            You want video output via your iGPU and VAAPI via dGPU for encode/decode?

For example - OpenShot can handle that, including choosing which GPU to offload to for video editing with libopenshot

Comment

Specs are not impressive at all

​​​​​​Also, they didn't write anything about the price, I guess the reason is that it's higher than Nvidia and AMD have per flops..

Sad.

Hope I misunderstood something.

Comment

So long as it performs better than Nvidia cards running Nouveau, then I'm interested.

Comment

Intel Arc Pro A40 GPU Intel Arc Pro A50 GPU Intel Arc Pro A30M GPU (Mobile)
                  Peak Performance 3.50 TFLOPs at Single Precision 4.80 TFLOPs at Single Precision 3.50 TFLOPs at Single Precision
                  No word about Double Precision performance, seems not supported!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikr1848 View Post
                    Huh, so much for the rumors of Intel cancelling the Arc line!

Eager to see compute performance - maybe they released it first as it functions as intended as opposed to gaming performance?
                    Yeah to me the biggest great thing about Intel as a new GPU provider is new competition in the field which in the mid term might force AMD and NVIDIA to stop throttling their cards for specific tasks (IIRC like working with doubles or mining, I hate mining but still).

Comment

Working...
                    X