No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5965WX Benchmarks Show Some Speedups With Linux 6.0 Git

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5965WX Benchmarks Show Some Speedups With Linux 6.0 Git

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5965WX Benchmarks Show Some Speedups With Linux 6.0 Git

With AMD EPYC showing some nice gains on Linux 6.0, I've been eager to begin testing Linux 6.0 on more systems especially now that the v6.0 merge window is winding down... With now having the shiny new AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5965WX, I decided to take this high-end 24-core chip for a run with Linux 6.0 Git to see how it performs over Linux 5.19 stable...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What are the causes of these imrprovements?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
      What are the causes of these imrprovements?
      The improvements came obviously from the changes made to the kernel between 5.19 and 6.0.
      There's a sleuth of phoronix articles on those, and soon enough there will be a link to che full changelog here.

Comment

I imagine in the future we will get threadrippers with AI and fpga that will be some interesting phoronix benchmarks

Comment

Working...
        X