Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 104 Now Available With Minor Improvements

Phoronix: Firefox 104 Now Available With Minor Improvements

Mozilla is ready to ship Firefox 104.0 this morning as the latest incremental improvement to this open-source, cross-platform web browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did I understood the line correctly it was up to mozilla to include subtitle support for Disney+ ? I though such things are programmed by the webapp coder?

Comment

Any improvements with the driver support? Va-api, Wayland, webGPU ?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
        Did I understood the line correctly it was up to mozilla to include subtitle support for Disney+ ? I though such things are programmed by the webapp coder?
        It's a fix for Disney+ subtitles in Firefox's PIP mode/the minimize video button. You'd be surprised how many streaming features don't work correctly with its PIP. One that I notice is that the video progress slider on Hulu doesn't work in PIP mode.

Comment

Congratulations on catching up with chrome release version 🎉

Comment

Support for editing PDFs is only on Beta at the moment, not available in 104.

Comment

"Firefox 104 also adds subtitles for Disney+ picture-in-picture mode"

All it needs is a static title saying "Anything Disney now produces is utter crap".

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                I was hoping for VA-API to be activated with 103, but it seems it wasn't. Works absolutely fine on my 3rd gen i7 with h264ify though. I wonder if it could be enabled for specific hardware only (read: not nvidia).

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                  AFAIK nothing major, just a constant stream of bugfixes but nothing new turned on by default. 105 has some improvements on the ARM front, enabling HW rendering on a more devices (actually turning it on for all devices on Mesa >= 22.2), faster WebGL via dmabuf etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hamishmb View Post

I was hoping for VA-API to be activated with 103, but it seems it wasn't. Works absolutely fine on my 3rd gen i7 with h264ify though. I wonder if it could be enabled for specific hardware only (read: not nvidia).
                    I had see it not work in a AMD A8 7600 APU. But that was a exception. It was funny see it working on a C50 APU on a netbook on Linux but not Windows.

The only problem I have with it now is AV1 support on YT. Works fine on Windows, but in Linux there is color artifacts. That on a RX6600 GPU. VP9 works like a dream, tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X