Intel's SYCLomatic 20220829 Released For Converting CUDA Code To C++ SYCL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's SYCLomatic 20220829 Released For Converting CUDA Code To C++ SYCL

Phoronix: Intel's SYCLomatic 20220829 Released For Converting CUDA Code To C++ SYCL

Back in May Intel announced SYCLomatic as an open-source tool for converting CUDA code to C++ SYCL for execution within their oneAPI stack on Intel GPUs and more. Out today is SYCLomatic 20220829 as their first tagged version of this code porting helper...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    SYCLomatic aims to ease the transition of NVIDIA CUDE

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      I caught that and enjoyed it. Sounds a wee bit naughty, but perhaps that's just me. Sounds like a portmanteau of CUDA and one or another word. However, something like CRUDA would probably be a bit too on the nose. CUDE is suggestive while crucially maintaining a degree of strategic ambiguity.

Thought about mentioning, but figured I'd give others the gift of the same enjoyment I got from it.
      Last edited by coder; 30 August 2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:
        doh thanks
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

SYCLomatic
          That would be a great name for Hacked John Deere firmware.

coder If you got a giggle from that, you'll enjoy their commit log as much as I did:

20220829: [SYCLomatic] Refine migration of two thrust APIs, enable one thrust API migration and fix two thrust types not migrated (#168)

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

That would be a great name for Hacked John Deere firmware.

coder If you got a giggle from that, you'll enjoy their commit log as much as I did:

I imagine a gitlog generator outputting stuff like this:

20220830: [SYCLomatic] Refine migration of five thrust APIs, enable two thrust API migration and fix one thrust types not migrated (#166) ​
            20220831: [SYCLomatic] Improve performance of two thrust APIs, implement two thrust API and fix one thrust types not functioning #169) ​

Comment

Working...
            X