Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.26 Sees More Features & Fixes Ahead Of Beta

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.26 Sees More Features & Fixes Ahead Of Beta

There is a lot of last minute feature work and improvements heading into Plasma 5.26 ahead of its upcoming beta and feature freeze...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

-----

Comment

- KDE System Settings has long supported a "Night Color" mode while now there is also the notion of a "Day Color" with Plasma 5.26.
      Bring more features like this

Comment

I recently finally gave up on KDE, sadly its simply too buggy for me, I actually migrated to wayfire, its not great, there are some annoying bugs like scaling changing to 1x when you apply a setting modification. the only bug I experience in day to day usage isnt even a wayfire bug, but I use mpv-paper for an animated background and that causes some odd issues sometimes.

but I have to say, I dont regret it, its missing A LOT for sure, (current I have screenshots step up as copy to clipboard only, and only area selection for instance) But man is it nice not experiencing constant bugs that irritate me. and its nice being able to report and find issue on an issue tracker that isn't a usability nightmare.

I wish KDE all the best, but I doubt ill be going back any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
          I recently finally gave up on KDE, sadly its simply too buggy for me, I actually migrated to wayfire, its not great, there are some annoying bugs like scaling changing to 1x when you apply a setting modification. the only bug I experience in day to day usage isnt even a wayfire bug, but I use mpv-paper for an animated background and that causes some odd issues sometimes.

but I have to say, I dont regret it, its missing A LOT for sure, (current I have screenshots step up as copy to clipboard only, and only area selection for instance) But man is it nice not experiencing constant bugs that irritate me. and its nice being able to report and find issue on an issue tracker that isn't a usability nightmare.

I wish KDE all the best, but I doubt ill be going back any time soon.
          Wayland or X11 KDE? Wayland KDE has some funky bugs like Yakuake not dropping down correctly which works flawlessly on X11. While I've been using the Plasma Wayland session lately, I'd be lying if I didn't say it feels less stable or didn't have more random application crashes than their X11 session.

ngraham

On that Share button it says:

Code:
          Send a link to the application
          What application does it send the link to?

Is that a grammar slip-up and should it be "Send a link of the application"?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Wayland or X11 KDE? Wayland KDE has some funky bugs like Yakuake not dropping down correctly which works flawlessly on X11. While I've been using the Plasma Wayland session lately, I'd be lying if I didn't say it feels less stable or didn't have more random application crashes than their X11 session.
            wayland, wayland is a necessity for me right now do to relying on apps that only support it, and sadly nested isn't a good option for it. (otherwise I would just use cage)

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
              wayland, wayland is a necessity for me right now do to relying on apps that only support it, and sadly nested isn't a good option for it. (otherwise I would just use cage)
              This is actually the first time I hear Wayland is needed for some specific apps. Previously I was always hearing the same story about some proprietary or generally old X apps that just don't work on XWayland, so you had to use an X session.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

This is actually the first time I hear Wayland is needed for some specific apps. Previously I was always hearing the same story about some proprietary or generally old X apps that just don't work on XWayland, so you had to use an X session.
                I don't know whether they are using it, but Waydroid is one example of a somewhat popular Wayland-only app.

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post

I don't know whether they are using it, but Waydroid is one example of a somewhat popular Wayland-only app.
                  He definitely does. I often see him in waydroid forum

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Wayland or X11 KDE? Wayland KDE has some funky bugs like Yakuake not dropping down correctly which works flawlessly on X11.
                    That has been fixed a few Yakuake versions ago. And I can confirm that.

Comment

Working...
                    X