Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon RADV Driver Lands Vulkan Mesh Shader Support

Phoronix: Radeon RADV Driver Lands Vulkan Mesh Shader Support

Being merged a few minutes ago into Mesa 22.3 is the Radeon Vulkan driver "RADV" support for the recently ratified mesh shader extension...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mesh shaders work great here on my NAVI22 6800M with the new GravityMark benchmark

Unfortunately things look blocky with Ray Tracing and CS (Computer Shader?), the later is a newly added mode to this version of GravityMark, it looks even worse in GL mode

Bug report here: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/6410

Comment

I dont know about you but for me as non-native speaker "gang submit" sounds weirdly naughty. Is there some underlying pun intended?

Comment

this is awesome news!

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
          I dont know about you but for me as non-native speaker "gang submit" sounds weirdly naughty. Is there some underlying pun intended?
          In a nutshell: it means that instead of just submitting command buffers to a single queue, you submit a "gang" of command buffers to multiple queues at a time. The "gang leader" is the last command buffer and it determines which queue's fences should be signaled.

This guarantees that they can't get mixed up with similar submits from other processes.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

In a nutshell: it means that instead of just submitting command buffers to a single queue, you submit a "gang" of command buffers to multiple queues at a time. The "gang leader" is the last command buffer and it determines which queue's fences should be signaled.

This guarantees that they can't get mixed up with similar submits from other processes.
            Thx for clearifying

Comment

Working...
            X