Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Plumbers Conference 2022 Livestream

Phoronix: Linux Plumbers Conference 2022 Livestream

The Linux Plumbers Conference has returned to being an in-person event and is running today through Wednesday in Dublin, Ireland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will always love the name of this event, just because the imagination of a bunch of mario-like real plumbers with wrenches sitting together and talking about code, bits and api topics.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      I will always love the name of this event, just because the imagination of a bunch of mario-like real plumbers with wrenches sitting together and talking about code, bits and api topics.
      I really like the name as well. My imagination however is that all the plumbers walk up to a single old computer and jack themselves in to a secret 3d representation of the kernel, much like the pipe-screensaver Windows had back in the days. In this realm where dangerous empty space can be anything from endless loops to unclean memory stacks, they hold hands and help each other travese and lay new pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by oztmorf View Post

I really like the name as well. My imagination however is that all the plumbers walk up to a single old computer and jack themselves in to a secret 3d representation of the kernel, much like the pipe-screensaver Windows had back in the days. In this realm where dangerous empty space can be anything from endless loops to unclean memory stacks, they hold hands and help each other travese and lay new pipes.
        Also very vivid imagination

Comment

Working...
        X