Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft & Canonical Bring systemd To WSL

Phoronix: Microsoft & Canonical Bring systemd To WSL

Microsoft and Canonical jointly announced today that systemd now works within Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL2)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Traitors doing again what they do best!

Comment

Just commenting here before the 50+ posts

Comment

I must be early, no systemd flamewars yet.

Comment

I don't care~
          I have to use Windows in the office but luckily I can have Linux PC when needed so it's just a ssh thing to get jobs done. For me I hate to run Linux thing inside a VM and pretend it works well on a Windows machine.

Comment

Wow, this is going to set the comments off! MS, Canonical, and systemd all in one post!

Edit: Note that I didn't intend to fan the flames with this comment (not that it looks like I did) - was just meant to be light humor for people on all sides.
            Last edited by hamishmb; 13 October 2022, 01:27 AM.

Comment

This article was launched perfectly at primetime in middle Europe. FreeTv blockbuster or comment section of an MS,Canonical, systemd article? Only dx12 kernel pipeping on behalf of nvidia could make it better

Comment

So, they are bringing SystemD over Windows...

Wait, what is this evil smile at the corner of my mouth?

Comment

I love Canonical and Microsoft!
                  I love Ubuntu and Windows 11!
                  At home I run Ubuntu which I am very pleased with, and at work we run Windows 11 which I am also very pleased with.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    I love Canonical and Microsoft!
                    I love Ubuntu and Windows 11!
                    At home I run Ubuntu which I am very pleased with, and at work we run Windows 11 which I am also very pleased with.
                    Looks like you'll be instantly hated here. For Linux fans you're a traitor and Microsoft defender. Welcome to the club.

Comment

Working...
                    X