Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD PMF Cool & Quiet Framework Readied For Linux 6.1

Phoronix: AMD PMF Cool & Quiet Framework Readied For Linux 6.1

One of the new drivers set to make its debut with Linux 6.1 is the AMD Platform Management Framework "PMF" with an intent on "making AMD PCs smarter, quieter, power efficient by adapting to user behavior and environment" with next-generation hardware. Another part of AMD PMF, the Cool and Quiet Framework (CnQF) has also been queued up for introduction in Linux 6.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is actually excellent. Direct to Kernel throttling/max power control along with their BIOS options makes power consumption and temperatures extremely customisable.

Comment

I have the impression for some time that driver inclusions at the hardware level are accelerating and it does not displease me.

Although we will be fixed at the end of the week, I think this kernel will be an LTS. Finally.

Comment

What a fast AMD. Especially in the background of the second news item.

Comment

Working...
        X