Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenMandriva's Rolling Release Reaches "Gold", Continues With AMD Zen Optimized Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMandriva's Rolling Release Reaches "Gold", Continues With AMD Zen Optimized Version

Phoronix: OpenMandriva's Rolling Release Reaches "Gold", Continues With AMD Zen Optimized Version

OpenMandriva ROME is a rolling-release version of this Linux distribution whose roots trace back to the days of Mandriva and before that Mandrake Linux. This rolling release flavor of OpenMandriva is now up to a "gold" candidate status...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A Arch-distro shootout with CachyOS (which has auto-detects and uses x86-64-v3 if available), Endeavour + x86-64-v3 ALHP repo would also be great.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
      A Arch-distro shootout with CachyOS (which has auto-detects and uses x86-64-v3 if available), Endeavour + x86-64-v3 ALHP repo would also be great.
      and do it on a Zen3+ laptop / Zen4 desktop while you're at it!

Comment

You definitely need to. And compare with other distributions with x86_64v1 and x86_64v2. And also with x86_64v3 repositories mentioned above.

upd: + openSUSE Tumbleweed
        Last edited by guglovich; 03 October 2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Sounds a lot like my Gentoo install

Comment

It would be great to see a few benchmarks against the clang and gcc kernels in Openmandriva compared to others distros like fedora or opensuse

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
              It would be great to see a few benchmarks against the clang and gcc kernels in Openmandriva compared to others distros like fedora or opensuse
              I would like to see this too!

Comment

I wonder how loud my PC is going to scream after trying this, but with "gcc -march=znver4 ... "

Comment

Working...
                X