No announcement yet.

Steam Deck Now Available For Immediate Ordering, Steam Deck Dock Also In-Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Deck Now Available For Immediate Ordering, Steam Deck Dock Also In-Stock

Phoronix: Steam Deck Now Available For Immediate Ordering, Steam Deck Dock Also In-Stock

Valve has worked their way through the pre-orders and ramped up the production of the Steam Deck to the point that the reservation queue is over. You can now order your Steam Deck today in-stock and Valve has also made available the much anticipated Steam Deck Dock docking station...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm considering getting the Steam Docking Station as a generic dock/hub for my Linux laptop.

My only two concerns are:
    • The non-removable USB type C cable that connects from the dock to the Steam Deck looks like it might be awkward to plugin to a laptop.
    • Will I be able to update it without a Steam Deck (I do have Steam..)

I currently have a buggy Lenovo dock (not sure why - but HDMI is very unreliable on it). I'd like to get one that definitely supports Linux well.

Comment

Holy crap. €99 for a dock. Ok, it comes with an additional power supply, but even then...

Comment

Valve still refuses to sell to norway :/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Elendig View Post
          Yup, same in Switzerland. We, non-EU European are left in the mud.

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
            Holy crap. €99 for a dock. Ok, it comes with an additional power supply, but even then...
            It's a nuisance of a price, but cheap docks will often fail quickly or not allow their full capabilities to be used (using most of the ports at once).

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post

Japan says Hi.

Comment

I'll just leave a couple of links with prices in different regions:

- https://steamdb.info/app/1675200/ (Steam Deck)
                - https://steamdb.info/app/1696780/ (Dock)
                Last edited by murlakatamenka; 06 October 2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Elendig View Post
                  Originally posted by DrYak View Post
                  Hmmm.. possibly because of the import tax.
                  To import in the EU they have only negotiate with the EU and then it works for all EU-countries. But for the countries outside the EU, they have to negotiate with every country seperatly.

But for Norway and Switzerland they don't need to create a new plug.
                  Norway have type C and type F plugs like in all other counties in the EU.
                  And Switzerland have type J plugs. But the flatt type C plugs are compatible to it. And the SteamDeck for the EU comes with a type C plug.

But luckily Switzerland and Norway are near to the EU. So it could be possible to bye it in an neighbouring country
                  And after it, the Steam Games can be buyed and used in (nearly) every country.

Comment

Cool. Steam Controller 2.0 when?

Comment

Working...
                    X