Linux 6.1 To Better Handle "Cheap Clone" Nintendo Controller Knockoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.1 To Better Handle "Cheap Clone" Nintendo Controller Knockoffs

Phoronix: Linux 6.1 To Better Handle "Cheap Clone" Nintendo Controller Knockoffs

The HID subsystem updates have been submitted for the ongoing linux 6.1 merge window of which there are several notable driver additions for bettering the hardware support on several fronts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would be good to get the USB specs for this stuff clarified if manufacturers are having difficulties implementing them correctly!

Comment

It's a bit funny that he used the KingKong Pro 2 as the image for "cheap clone knockoffs", because that thing is anything but cheap. Really great too.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post
        Would be good to get the USB specs for this stuff clarified if manufacturers are having difficulties implementing them correctly!
        You can't stop people from manufacturing out-of-spec hardware, no matter it is by mistake or malice.

Comment

I hope they fixed the nintendo pro disconnecting when rumble is on .... see:

Your system information Steam client version (build number or date): 20 Dec 2020 , package version: 1608507519 Distribution (e.g. Ubuntu): openSUSE Tumbleweed kernel: 5.10.9-1-default and KDE Plasm...

also axis centering is not great on my official nintendo pro controller (I actually got a 8bitdo pro 2 as a secondary one , which is now my primary controller given the quality and support)

Comment

"Some "cheap clone" Nintendo controllers may report calibration values that are not possible like values of zero for min and max as well as the center value."

It's not only not "cheap clone", but it contains no potentiometers(mechanical 'sensor' that works mechanically and wears over time), but superior contactless hall-effect sensors instead (using rotating magnets). So not more drifting! (unless something is broken mechanically)

GuliKit also sells upgrades for Valve SteamDeck and plans for other devices, like Nintendo Switch..

Comment

Working...
            X