Firefox 106 Brings Improved WebRTC - Better Screen Sharing On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 106 Brings Improved WebRTC - Better Screen Sharing On Wayland

Phoronix: Firefox 106 Brings Improved WebRTC - Better Screen Sharing On Wayland

Firefox 106.0 web browser release builds are now available ahead of the official Firefox 106 announcement on Tuesday. Firefox 106 does have improvements to its PDF viewer as well as the WebRTC communication support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I miss a password toggle button for <input type="password" /> elements.

Comment

Firefox finally following WebRCT upstream much closer is a very welcome development, especially given all the work in the pipe there, such as using portals and pipewire for camera/microphone access.

Comment

Seems like Michael doesn't have Phoronix Premium

Comment

Finally, I won't need to open PDFs in Draw for editing!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            I miss a password toggle button for <input type="password" /> elements.
            I really wish they'd integrate a hard block on the JS toggle that disallows paste into input boxes. That's effin annoying beyond words. Yes I know there's a reason why some do it, but it's useless because any bot will ignore that anyway so all it does is inconvenience people prudently using password managers.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JanGrulich/statu...74160351588352 screensharing in wayland is still bad

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

I really wish they'd integrate a hard block on the JS toggle that disallows paste into input boxes. That's effin annoying beyond words. Yes I know there's a reason why some do it, but it's useless because any bot will ignore that anyway so all it does is inconvenience people prudently using password managers.
                I didn't understand where the problem is. Would you mind educating me on the subject?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bzs0 View Post
                  Seems like Michael doesn't have Phoronix Premium
                  1. You don't show your real Firefox window to complete strangers.
                  2. Michael needs to know what freeloaders are looking at. Ads are his lifeline.

What I find weird is that this screenshot is missing Firefox View which you see on a first run and need to disable manually.

Comment

I wish they would at least activate the Wayland support automatically so we don't have to add each tome to some environment variables file code like:
                    Code:
                    if [ "$XDG_SESSION_TYPE" == "wayland" ]; then
                        export MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1
                    fi​
                    I understand that there are only 2 major desktop environments that support Wayland, but seriously, how hard is for them to implement something like this into Firefox itself and save the time of thousands of people that now have to search what the variable name and value is and in which config file to put it?
                    I find it even stranger now that they added touchpad gestures for Firefox even though Firefox doesn't activate Wayland automatically, how will that work?
                    Or they made it in a way that it works on X too?

As for the HTML5 support, I don't even want to start to talk about this...

Comment

Working...
                    X