Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 7.0-5 RC Gets More Windows Games Running On Linux

Phoronix: Proton 7.0-5 RC Gets More Windows Games Running On Linux

Valve is preparing to roll-out Proton 7.0-5 as the newest version of this Wine-derived software that powers Steam Play for enjoying Windows games on Linux. For facilitating some testing prior to the formal Proton 7.0-5, a release candidate was published today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Games are awesome! But can we get some love for the general business apps or even some of the more advanced business apps some time?

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
      Games are awesome! But can we get some love for the general business apps or even some of the more advanced business apps some time?
      It wouldn't make sense for Valve, a gaming company to focus on that. That's under the purview of CodeWeavers who sell CrossOver, a commercial version of Wine or Wine itself.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

It wouldn't make sense for Valve, a gaming company to focus on that. That's under the purview of CodeWeavers who sell CrossOver, a commercial version of Wine or Wine itself.
        Yah, I fully get that, it was more of a general expression of frustration at the wine success story. It awesome what they are doing, but I really wish we could get more apps working.

Comment

I think the winSxS work is taking priority at the moment, Macs are having issues on ARM from the lack of 32 bit, it would help reactos, and reduce the need for multiarch on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post
            it would help reactos.
            First time I've heard of ReactOS in ages. And to my much disappointment it still can't run anything past NT 5.2. Ugh... Talk about a waste of resources, by the time they get to Windows 10 I'll be dead.

Comment

Does the new dxvk snapshot include graphics pipeline library support?

Comment

Worst versioning scheme ever
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
                  Don't worry, there's plenty of usable DOS era productivity applications which work with DOS Box.

Comment

Final Fantasy IV... Pixel or 3D Remake?

Comment

Working...
                    X