Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair PSU Linux Driver Patched To Work With The New HX1500i PSU

Phoronix: Corsair PSU Linux Driver Patched To Work With The New HX1500i PSU

Corsair this summer launched the HX1500i power supply as the latest in their HX series. The Corsair HX1500i provides three EPS12V connectors, a fully modular design, and as implied by the model is sized for providing 1500 Watts. This $399 USD power supply can now also interface with the Linux kernel for monitoring support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Handling this latest high-end power supply just requires adding in the new USB device ID. It's a one-liner change with just needing that new device ID but is going by way of hwmon-next and thus not expected to land until the Linux 6.2 cycle that will see its stable release in Q1 of next year.
    USB device ID patches are backported, if this is the only thing needed like in this case. So it's pretty plausible to see this in some 6.0 point release.

Comment

power on pc's is such a mess. non standard data interfaces from psu to motherboard over usb. I guess that information is for display purposes only. now there is a "data" channel added in atx 3.0. atx 12vo went nowhere. not like anything is really going to change, too many players and the market is shrinking. just kinda sad though.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
        power on pc's is such a mess. non standard data interfaces from psu to motherboard over usb. I guess that information is for display purposes only. now there is a "data" channel added in atx 3.0. atx 12vo went nowhere. not like anything is really going to change, too many players and the market is shrinking. just kinda sad though.
        IIRC the I_PSU% signal is only in ATX12VO 2.0, not multi-rail ATX3.0. I wish ATX 3.0 died on the vine. It was obsolete the day it was drafted.

With the AM5 prices on top of their resistance to ATX12VO, I have become rather displeased with motherboard vendors of late.

Comment

I have one of those. Having this telemetry is kinda cool, if only to brag about "see how my PC is cosplaying a room heater"

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post
            I have one of those. Having this telemetry is kinda cool, if only to brag about "see how my PC is cosplaying a room heater"
            Snap!

Which components are you using it for, and how much power are you drawing?

Comment

Originally posted by joshx1 View Post

Snap!

Which components are you using it for, and how much power are you drawing?
              TLDR — 5950X, 3090, lots of RAM, all overclocked. With specific workloads, I can make it consume power in slight excess of 1 kW.

Comment

Working...
              X